Please "Like" us in Facebook so we can get the message out to more concerned Southern Highlanders.
If you are not on Facebook yet - "Be like Pete" and just register on Facebook with your name and nothing else will be known as you can make everything but your name "private"
Join up and Let's Go Viral on Coal Mining !
Attached are extracts from yesterday’s 7:30 Report on the Coal and Gas Mining issues in the Southern Highlands.
Come to our OUR LAND, OUR WATER, OUR FUTURE Rally in Corbett Gardens, Bowral on Saturday, November 19 at 11am to hear more about the way insidious mining practices are creeping across our beautiful country and could affect YOU in the Southern Highlands. Alan Jones will MC and we will have a raft of distinguished speakers from around the country.
“The inherent risks of coal mining to the environment are well known. Evidence now points to the high price that coal workers, their families and the communities they live in are paying in health costs, not to mention the government’s health budget. Nyema hermiston investigates…”
For the rest of the article please follow the link below.
An excellent analysis on CSG
The board of the Sydney Catchment Authority is pushing to strengthen its powers to control coal seam gas exploration.
Documents obtained by the ABC reveal increasing concern among board members about the impact of coal seam gas wells on water quality in special protected catchment land in the Woronora and Illawarra areas.
The board has decided the full impact of coal seam gas projects needs to be spelled out before exploration can start.
The documents show it was only after Apex Energy’s exploration wells were approved by the state’s Planning Department that the authority’s board asked if access to protected drinking water catchments could be withdrawn.
The board has decided it will not approve access for a new well in protected land, which is about to be referred to the NSW Planning Assessment Commission.
Apex says the well is crucial for its $7 million project, and the company will appeal if it is refused.
Watch this very alarming video.
- Cockatoo coals share price lowest ever!!!!
- Al Jazeera video on the CSG industry in Australia.
- Subsidence risks farmland.
- Blockade ordered to end - Southern Highlands News Story
- Only 6 minutes but really important. We have the same thing happening here with CSG.
- World class studs face dark coal mine crisis.
- 94 year old Ken O'hara fights for the Southern Highlands.
- The township of Bulga has had a win since this article was written a year ago !!!!
- Alan Jones talks about the win for the town of Bulga this week in the Land and Environment court.
- Cockatoo coal worst junior coal miner.