The giant Korean steel company POSCO comes in for some trenchant criticism from the national Today Tonight team on Channel 7 over the methods used to purchase prime agricultural land for coal exploration in the Southern Highlands of NSW.
The NSW Upper House Inquiry into Coal seam Gas heard about the mounting civil disobedience by normally conservative farmers across the State…and the backdown of gas giant Santos in the Liverpool Plains.
Here is a interesting new article the ABC has released regarding CSG.
Attached are extracts from yesterday’s 7:30 Report on the Coal and Gas Mining issues in the Southern Highlands.
Come to our OUR LAND, OUR WATER, OUR FUTURE Rally in Corbett Gardens, Bowral on Saturday, November 19 at 11am to hear more about the way insidious mining practices are creeping across our beautiful country and could affect YOU in the Southern Highlands. Alan Jones will MC and we will have a raft of distinguished speakers from around the country.
Action is heating up across NSW regarding the contentious issues of Coal
and Coal Seam Gas mining. Politicians are being placed on notice that
communities will not tolerate uncontrolled expansion of these industries
with the impacts on our water resources, agricultural land, the
environment and landowners across Australia.
The pressure is on the NSW Coalition government to deliver on their pre-election promises to introduce a Strategic Regional Land Use Planning process, Aquifer Interference Legislation, Agricultural Impact Statements and new Planning rules. Progress has been slow and the jury is still out regarding the outcomes…but we can’t let the government off the hook. In the meantime we have our own battles to fight on the ground!
For the rest of the newsletter please follow the link for the pdf download.
“The inherent risks of coal mining to the environment are well known. Evidence now points to the high price that coal workers, their families and the communities they live in are paying in health costs, not to mention the government’s health budget. Nyema hermiston investigates…”
For the rest of the article please follow the link below.
- Ross and Margaret Alexander under assault by POSCO, please HELP!
- The balancing act on Fracking in Victoria.
- Office of water 'Bully report may see the light'!
- Artist against tracking concert November 18, details here!!!!
- Chris Hartcher says planning changes is good news for big coal projects!
- AGL warned on fracking project risks in the Avon Valley.
- Australians are poorly informed about CSG development and overwhelmingly opposed to it's development.
- CSG spruikers inflate job creation numbers.
- To frack or not to frack!
- Alan Jones talks about the new airport near Toowoomba to service the CSG industry.