The giant Korean steel company POSCO comes in for some trenchant criticism from the national Today Tonight team on Channel 7 over the methods used to purchase prime agricultural land for coal exploration in the Southern Highlands of NSW.
The NSW Upper House Inquiry into Coal seam Gas heard about the mounting civil disobedience by normally conservative farmers across the State…and the backdown of gas giant Santos in the Liverpool Plains.
Here is a interesting new article the ABC has released regarding CSG.
Attached are extracts from yesterday’s 7:30 Report on the Coal and Gas Mining issues in the Southern Highlands.
Come to our OUR LAND, OUR WATER, OUR FUTURE Rally in Corbett Gardens, Bowral on Saturday, November 19 at 11am to hear more about the way insidious mining practices are creeping across our beautiful country and could affect YOU in the Southern Highlands. Alan Jones will MC and we will have a raft of distinguished speakers from around the country.
Action is heating up across NSW regarding the contentious issues of Coal
and Coal Seam Gas mining. Politicians are being placed on notice that
communities will not tolerate uncontrolled expansion of these industries
with the impacts on our water resources, agricultural land, the
environment and landowners across Australia.
The pressure is on the NSW Coalition government to deliver on their pre-election promises to introduce a Strategic Regional Land Use Planning process, Aquifer Interference Legislation, Agricultural Impact Statements and new Planning rules. Progress has been slow and the jury is still out regarding the outcomes…but we can’t let the government off the hook. In the meantime we have our own battles to fight on the ground!
For the rest of the newsletter please follow the link for the pdf download.
“The inherent risks of coal mining to the environment are well known. Evidence now points to the high price that coal workers, their families and the communities they live in are paying in health costs, not to mention the government’s health budget. Nyema hermiston investigates…”
For the rest of the article please follow the link below.
- Some strange job numbers from the CSG industry!
- Please send your message to the Premier: Stop CSG in the Pillaga!
- CSG industrys solutions is to bury the proof!
- John Fenton from Wyomining talks to blockaders at Santos drill site in the Pillaga.
- Santos CSG project contaminates aquifer with uranium.
- John Fenton interview on WIN TV.
- Drilling and fracking versus the American dream.
- A fantastic interview between Jeremy Buckingham and Alan Jones !
- The Medical Journal of Australia raises concerns over unconventional gas mining.
- ABC report on small towns shaping up for a fight with big coal.