About 40 farmers have been blockading the farm at Gloucester since Monday, when AGL began bringing equipment in to start exploration at the property."
"APPROVED coal-seam gas projects in Queensland will alone produce up to seven million tonnes of salt -- enough to fill dump trucks sitting bumper-to-bumper from Brisbane to Melbourne... "
Click this link to continue reading
Hydraulic Fracturing in Coal Seam Gas Mining: The Risks to Our Health, Communities, Environment and Climate
"Hydraulic fracturing or ‘fracking’ is the practice of using high-pressure pumps to inject a mixture of sand, water and chemicals into bore wells in order to fracture rocks and to open cracks (‘cleats’) present in the coal seams thereby releasing natural gas in the process. A well can be repeatedly ‘fracked'..."
Here is a very informative document on the risks of CSG to all stakeholders. Click the link for a download.
Alan Jones speaks with Drew Hutton of the Lock The Gate Alliance about the Land and Environment Court order granting access to privately-owned land to a mining company.
- July 2015 Update
- Why didn't Hume Coal announce their rail project?
- Posco why would you want to go ahead with this?
- Impromptu Fundraiser
- Bringing a mine on stream in this environment makes no sense!
- What's been happening lately ...
- Global Fossil Fuel Economics
- NSW Government buys back AGL's PEL 2 Licence!
- Coalmine showdown - Channel 7
- PRESS RELEASE - Landowners take Hume Coal back to court